- 24 hour, individualized supports to enable people to live safely and as independently as possible in the community
- Links to life-long learning opportunities for life skills, rights and responsibilities, community resources, etc.
- Assistance to budget, shop, get to appointments, and access community activities and services.
- Coordinating out of town transportation for appointments and leisure activities
The Design Room provides a place for persons with disabilities to not only have self-discovery regarding their entrepreneurial possibilities but create business plans and marketing strategies to sell their products. The Design Room is also available for rental by contacting NHCIA.
Once a month the Design Room offers an art based activity called Kairos to members of the community and people NHCIA supports where they create together while developing natural connections.
- The Hub is used 2 days a week for people supported by NHCIA.
- The Wednesday Hub provides an opportunity for self-advocates to socialize with their peers. Training in various topics i.e. street safety are also provided during the year.
- The Thursday Hub provides training in meal prep as well as developing their hosting/social etiquette skills.
BELOW, YOU WILL FIND A LIST OF DISABILITY-RELATED GROUPS AND ORGANIZATIONS, AS WELL AS A LIBRARY OF RESOURCES THAT MAY BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU:
Addictions and Mental Health Services - Hastings Prince Edward Corporation
Adult Day Supports
Assaulted Women's Helpline
Family Support and Resources
Legal Services and/or Advocacy
Mental Health and Counselling Services